7 Weeks: Welcome to the hormonal rollercoaster!

Haven't really done this when I was pregnant with Noah, so, I've decided to try this this time around :)

Jellybean:
  • Still with the growing. Always with the growing. Baby starts off this week at four or five millimeters long, but is a whopping half an inch by the end.
  • Has a two-chambered heart, air passages in the lungs, and cerebral hemispheres in the braaaaaains.
  • Has an appendix, which is kind of cool until I remember that the appendix is almost completely useless. But it’s there now! Awww.
Me:
  • Feeling a little urpy and gaggy and pukey.
  • Are incredibly sensitive to smells.
  • Like, seriously. Who burned an English muffin in the employee break room this morning? WHO? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE? I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, YOU MUFFIN-BURNING BASTARD.

Your baby is really beginning to develop more physical definition this week – their oversized head isn’t just large and oblong anymore, it’s actually a little bit pointy. The tiny receding tail bud is now starting to be overshadowed by the growth of their legs, which are now complete with knees and the beginnings of toes. Their eyes and ears are the most visible features on their head and their miniature bones are starting to harden throughout their body. You also have some variation on a boy or a girl at this point, although their genitals won’t be visible enough to determine which color cigars you’re going to buy until around the 16th week.

 I’ll be including a couple things each week comparing my first and second pregnancy. "Oh Yeah, THIS" will be the stuff I went through the first time but repressed forgot about, and "New This Time Around" will cover all the stuff that makes my current pregnancy a unique and special little snowflake.

Oh Yeah, THIS:
So l get these weird little red bumps on my skin when I’m pregnant. They aren’t zits or a rash or anything — they actually look like tiny red moles. Raised. About the size of the head of a pin. Last time I got a couple on my hands and arms and thighs and immediately hauled ass to the dermatologist when my OB couldn’t explain them. She identified them as a passing hormonal thing and assured me they would go away once I gave birth. I was skeptical, since I am (ahem) a fairly moley person to begin with and they sure did look like something I was gonna be stuck with and argh! Why are there SO MANY of them? Sure enough, they vanished almost immediately after Noah was born. I remember cutting off my hospital bracelets at home and noticing that the spots on my hand were completely gone.

Well, the spots are back again, only this time they’re all over my stomach. Over a dozen at last count. Ah, pregnancy. You are just so damn WEIRD.

New This Time Around:
Actually, there's nothing new this time around.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Oh, honey. . . .. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.